Tuesday, 8 February 2011

About the worst Valentine's Day ideas

I found an old topic in the related links of a Guardian article about Valentine day and that looks interesting: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/feb/12/worst-valentines-day-ideas.

The title provides a good summary of the subject.

Assuming it is difficult to find what you would really like to have for Valentine because it will be a huge demand and you will therefore have to go with an alternative solution that will make your sweetheart disappointed, the author suggest to go to some ideas where your beloved will have good reason to be in trouble with you. We go then to a list of possible things to do, where going to a soccer play and offer your darling a hot dog stays next to providing a key ring with a teeny diamond. Anyway, as she is not sure to have reached the worst, the author asked at the end of the article, to provide her some idea to update her list.
I feel this really funny, especially because I try to guess how my wife would have reacted if I provided her one of the things that are in the list. Now, it may be useful to follow theses advices if you want to leave from your sweetheart but do not dare to tell her/him.

From a personal point of view, I am not fond of these formal celebrations and think I should prove my sentiments to the person I love everyday and not only when someone decides you have to do. From another hand, this is somewhere a hollow wish and I know, if I forgot this day, my wife would become angry with me. So, even if I do not like, I will have to celebrate this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment